Monday, June 8, 2009

Soaring, Flying!

Peter and I struggle trying to find new things to do together that we are both interested in. Yesterday, we met up with our friends Ben and Laura in Charlottesville for some wings (yum!). On our way home, Peter decided to stop by the small hobby airport in Waynesboro because we've always wanted to go on glider rides - you know, the planes that get towed up in the air and you fly around for awhile and then land in the grass. It was really expensive to go on a ride, but you can take lessons, get a pilots license, and do it yourself, which in the long run is a lot cheaper. So, we decided to take flying lessons together! There are commercial pilots who just do this on the side for fun, and they said that all Air Force pilots are required to learn to fly on a glider first. Im interested in getting my glider license, and then going on to a commercial pilots license so I can fly other planes.

We're sooo excited!

I stopped taking the cake decorating classes after the first course was finished. I realized that I already knew how to do the majority of what they were teaching, and it was kind of expensive to not really be learning anything. It was a lot of fun, though! And, Im excited because I get to make the cake for Maddie's first birthday in July! Yay for princess cakes! It's going to be a lot of fun!

I guess thats about it for now. I've gotta get some stuff done around the house before work tomorrow.

2 comments:

Alanna said...

That's kind of cool-- about the flying. Hmmm I will have to think about things to do together. :)

P.S: now we can be blogger friends. I need to add a new post. ah!

~*One Hot Mama*~ said...

yeah for my daughters 1st 'princess' Birthday!!!!! i can't wait to see you guys agian!!! i feel so old to say i have a 1 y/o daughter... But she is so much fun!!! I want to get a commercial lisence! how fun is that!