Monday, July 6, 2009

And So Fourth....

I know this is a little late, but Happy 4th of July! I love BBQing and watching the fireworks! This year we didnt go see any fireworks, instead we watched Peter's brother, Brandon, lite some off after a BBQ. They got some really cool fire works, so it was fun - minus the bugs. Overall it was a good day, and I know Peter enjoys spending time with his fam damily.

Other than the 4th, life has been full of working. The kids I nanny have had swimming lessons, so its nice to get to hang out at the pool for awhile. Even with screaming, splashing kids, its pretty relaxing! Who would have thought? haha. Peter has been working an insane amount, but what can I say, hes good at what he does :) He'll be going to Mexico in a few weeks to meet with some high ranking officials of the Mexican Government, which, needless to say is pretty cool. This is an unbelievable opportunity, and I'm sooo proud of him! I know I sound like Im bragging, but I'm allowed to brag about my awesome hubby every once in a while, right? hehe.

Anyone have any dinner ideas for this week? We need some new ideas - Im in the mood for a change :)

This was a really random post, but it's all what's on my - very - disorganized mind! I'll try to be more organized next time.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, so I've been thinking a lot about recipes ever since I read your post earlier. I've been trying to find new things for us to eat, too. Something I've really enjoyed lately (I found it on Kraftfoods.com) is using a little bit of catalina dressing and soy sauce to make a yummy sause on a stir fry. I think it was like 1/4c catalina and 2T soy...but I don't really measure things. I just do them "to taste". Anyway, if I think of anything else or find soemthing nifty I'll let you know (probably via facebook though)...oh and I'm not ignoring your facebook message haha. I'd like to have some real time to sit down and reply again, and I just didn't get that time today :)

Peter and Ashley said...

that sounds so good!!!! ill have to try it! thanks!