Monday, March 30, 2009

YUMMMMM!!!!!

Tonight, Peter and I made angel food cake and homemade whipped cream with fresh strawberries! It was so amazingly good! Its one of my favorite desserts! We used the castle shaped bunt cake pan that we got for our wedding, and it turned out pretty well. I think that it would work better if we used a cake that wasn't so sticky though. We discovered tonight that Peter is excellent at making whipped cream! We will have to make it more often for sure! I also made puppy chow as a snack for us tomorrow. Puppy chow makes me feel like I'm a little kid again, I love it! It was great to spend the time with Peter tonight, we had so much fun.

About a week ago, Peter ordered a waffle iron for me and it arrived this weekend! I LOVE waffles! So I'm planning on using some of the left over strawberries and whipped cream for a waffle tomorrow. I can't wait! I feel bad, but every time that I have made waffles, Peter hasn't been around, so we might do that for dinner or something so he can have some. Sometimes the most simplistic things make me incredibly happy! Plus, they're a lot of fun to make! Gotta love it!

I know, I'm such a dork for writing a blog about it, but it is, after all, totally amazing! haha!