Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our First Anniversary!

One year ago today, Peter and I were married in the San Diego Temple. I cant believe how fast time has gone by! So much has happened in the past year. I love spending time with my awesome hubby, and I'm so glad we had today together

Peter took the day off from work so we could spend the day together without any distractions, which is very uncommon. Peter made an awesome breakfast of bacon, eggs, hash browns, and English muffins! YUM! After breakfast, we folded a mountain of laundry together. Not too exciting, but we got to talk some more, and I always like it when he helps. Shortly after, UPS dropped off our new couch! Ill have to write more about that later when we have more pictures. This couch came - literally - in 5 boxes and we had to completely assemble it on our own. But we had fun doing it. Great anniversary gift! Though it wasn't really intended to be lol.

We went to an AMAZING restaurant in Charlottesville called Cassies. It has a fine dining atmosphere, and because the weather was great, we sat on the patio. The dishes come in smaller portions so you can pick 2 or 3, and the prices range from $10-15 each portion. I loved this because I can never pick just one dish! I chose the pesto salmon with a wonderful citrus orange sauce, and mussels with English peas in a garlic butter sauce. Peter chose a garden salad with roasted pistaschios, goat cheese and balsamic dressing, and a duck breast in an amazing sauce (he doesnt remember what it was called). For dessert, I had an apple tart with homemade ice cream and carmel sauce, and Peter had cream brulee. All in all the food was absolutely wonderfull. You could tell everything was made from scratch, the service was great, and they paid attention to us, bringing our food when we were ready for it. We cant wait to go back again! After dinner, we walked around the downtown mall for awhile. During the summer, there is a lot of nightlife - unlike the winter completely - so its a lot of fun to walk around and 'people watch.' Everyone brings their dogs too, which is always fun to watch. I love going out at night; it was a lot of fun!

Im so glad that I married Peter, and it has been a great - yet trying - year! We have learned so much from each other. I cant wait to see what the future has in store for us!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats! Glad it was a great day!

Whitni Watkins said...

ash you look stunning in this picture!