Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rain Drops Fallin' on my Head...

I dont know why, but whenever there's a holiday or something that involves being outside and BBQing, it rains. It's getting really old. Really.

Anyway, on Sunday, one of my friends from high school came to visit for and early Memorial Day! She's stationed at Norfolk in the Navy, and I love getting together with her. She brought her incredibly cute baby, Maddie, her hubby, Jacob, and their puppy, Daisy. It was great to have some much needed girl time, and Peter got some man time also. It was really crappy weather-wise, but we were still able to have a lot of fun!

Yesterday was Memorial Day, which is one of my favorite holidays. Since my dad was a Marine, patriotic holidays were always a lot of fun on base. There were always BBQ's honoring those who have served, and the base always did something special. Plus, I love watching all the war movies on TV. It's great to think about those who have given their lives so that we could enjoy the freedom that we have today. I am so grateful to them.

Today, I had the last class of the first course of my Wilton cake decorating. I love these classes! I love making roses out of frosting, and have learned some neat techniques. Hopefully I can take the next course in June. I haven't taken any pictures of any of my 'projects' because I generally don't finish them. That, and I'm a perfectionist when it comes to decorating...so I haven't really liked any of my run-throughs. It's hard to color coordinate everything that we have to do. But, I did take a picture of my final project.


Here are the roses we had to work on...

1 comment:

~*One Hot Mama*~ said...

You are deffinalty decorating Madelaines birthday cake so plan to be at my house bright a nd early to start decorating it. I hate store baught cake but i can't decorate a cake for crap so you are now my best party helper friend!!!!