Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fresh Cut Grass

It just doesn't feel like summer until you can smell the aroma of fresh cut grass in the air! Living here is great for that, because the gardeners come here pretty often. Combine that with sunshine, and it's a perfect day!

I've started taking a Wilton Cake Decorating course, which I absolutely LOVE! The instructor is wonderful! So far we have learned how to make frosting into different consistencies, and what techniques use each consistency. I will never use store bought frosting ever again! We have also learned different techniques to frost a cake - most of which I already knew from Cold Stone. My project that was due yesterday was a standard tort cake - which means it has a filling - and we had to use a star technique, choosing from 2 options in the book. I did the rainbow option - lame, I know - and it turned out pretty well!

It was Samantha's first birthday on Sunday. We took her to Petsmart to buy treats and puppy food. When we were checking out, there was a cardboard picture of a puppy against the window and Sam was afraid of it. She barked at it and it was pretty amusing. She's pretty much nuts.

Hopefully we'll have a few more updates later this week!

1 comment:

Spencer, Kami, James and Madelynn said...

I don't know how you do it - if I were in that class, I don't think any of the icing would ever get on the cake....Happy Birthday to Sam!!