Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I've recently fallen in love with Crate and Barrel, and coincidentally, I'm redecorating our bedroom. After doing some research, I've come to the conclusion that I want a bright patterned duvet cover with some coordinating accents. Our new bedroom set is espresso colored, so anything against it would really pop out and look great. The reason I mention my new found love for Crate and Barrel is because I found a duvet cover that matches my requirements:

Crate and Barrel - King Duvet - $119
(Pillows and additional bedding extra)

I'm hoping the yellow will be as bright as it is in the picture, though comments on the website imply otherwise. Also, I wont get all the pillow covers in this pattern, some will be plain white, along with the bed skirt. Or a complimentary color. What is across from yellow on the color wheel?
Peter and I have decided to buy a house once I get a job (it would be dumb to buy a house and then have to move to a new location for work), and when that happens, I want to paint the bedroom walls a light gray. Thanks to jetsetmeg for pointing out this great idea! Since seeing it on her blog, I've noticed gray all over the place.

And I've fallen in love with gray.
I like this sample, but would probably go with a shade lighter.

Completely unrelated to gray or duvet covers, here are some random accessories that I have also fallen in love with...

World Market - Metro Clock - $49
(Ive wanted a big clock for the bedroom since we got our new furniture set)


Crate and Barrel - Savana Candle Holder - $18.95


Crate and Barrel - Canteria Mirror Set of Three - $189
(I know I can find a mirror set for a little less elsewhere)
But a set of mirrors like these are a great idea.

Anyway, these are my ideas, which are most likely subject to change :)



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awesome. We're gearing up to paint our bedroom gray this summer! So excited. And I love that duvet!