Thursday, January 27, 2011

Busy [Queen] Bee

You know, it's so weird. Life can be busy without it really being busy. I guess it seems inaccurately busy. I measure how busy my life is based on how much I accomplish, not really the effort of time spent. I will spend an entire day grocery shopping (going to multiple places depending on weekly specials and Walmart for everything else) and then look at what I bought and think to myself "I did one thing today, and there's not even that much here. I needed to get _____ done too." When in reality, I went to up to 3 or 4 stores and battled the lines (I swear the stores always seem busy), and it took 4-5 hours on top of it all. Not a whole lot accomplished; it just feels like I should have gotten a lot more done.

'Queen' was used in the title because I am definitely not a worker bee (that would be Peter, since he does most of the work), while the queen bee does relatively little in comparison. I have no idea how people with kids get anything done. I find it difficult with a dog.

Anyway, this isn't the post that I intended to write. I should work on becoming a better writer by using the word "I" a lot less. Just a note to self.

2 comments:

Whitni Watkins said...

Haha Oh how I really enjoy this post.

Forever Me said...

Trust me it takes talent! And to think I have TWO kids AND a dog! Geesh what was I thonkimg... We are attempting a 16+ hour trip this weekend with them also!