Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Something Fresh

Have I mentioned that I love having a mini herb garden in my kitchen? Because I do. An herb garden has been on my mind since early fall, but I was reluctant. The thought of weeding was enough to completely turn me off, but renting our place also makes it a little more difficult.

In one of my more recent trips to Martins (local grocery store), I saw locally grown, organic herb plants $3/ea. Awesome. No weeding! I found mini washtub-like bins at Target for a couple dollars, thanks to the [almost] dollar section. So, now I have an awesome mini herb garden in my kitchen.

Something that I never really thought about was fresh vs. dried herbs. I mean, really, who does? It just seemed like something that would help me experiment with more cooking [see my NYE regarding this], and get something fresh into the house.

Just don't get me started about picking all the little leaves off the stems ;)

No comments: