Saturday, February 12, 2011

5 Things Friday

One of my favorite blogs, Cupcakes and Cashmere, does a "Five Things Friday" post every week highlighting 5 things from the week that made her happy, essentially. I love reading her Friday posts specifically, because she not only gives great recommendations (she often posts products, decorating ideas, and recipes), but it makes me think about what made me happy as well. I know, that statement sounds really lame and stereotypical, but it's true :)

I've hesitated posting because, well, I'm terrible at keeping up with my blog for starters, and posting pictures of the 5 things makes the post better, but since getting a new computer a few weeks ago, I haven't figured out how to do that, exactly. If anyone with a Mac wants to give me a tutorial, feel free! None of my uploading techniques have worked.

Finally, I realize that today is Saturday. I began this post yesterday - a day late is better than nothing at all, right?

[New green kitchen towels] I'm switching our kitchen colors from red and black to green, off white, and black.

[Light My Sapphire] OPI nail polish.

[New green teapot] Stove top teapot that matches the new kitchen colors. Great way to add more color to the room when you can't paint the walls.

[Chicken with Rosemary Sauce] While I tweaked it a little, this chicken was amazing.

[Maebel's birthday card] I will have to post a picture of it after her party today, because I was a dork and sealed the envelope before taking a picture of it. Happy first birthday to my little BFF, Maebey baby!

2 comments:

Chris&AlisonMantell said...

love it ash! everything about it. especially the green tea pot. jealous
i may have to steal this "five things friday" idea.

Alanna said...

I like the Green and black idea for the kitchen :)