Thursday, February 24, 2011

Couponing

Growing up, my mom went through phases of couponing - and I dreaded it. I didn't mind trips to the commissary [military grocery store on base], where we could easily fill up two full grocery carts upon my dad's return from a deployment, but that was actually 'normal.' Going to a grocery store off base, which was where a lot of the 'special' deals were, drove me nuts. I hated waiting for the cashier to scan all the coupons and watching everyone stare at us because it took an extra couple minutes - not to mention, sale items weren't anything that I had any interest in.

Now fast forward 10-15yrs.

While I hate paying retail for most things, I never thought I would get into couponing. And I guess I don't really 'coupon' [with the exception of Michaels coupons], but rather skim the ads for weekly VIP-type savings where you just have to have the individual stores member card [which is free]. It allows me to stock up on a lot of things that we go through pretty regularly. So, it's not couponing like my mom would do, but the same concept. Anyway, it's saved us a lot of money :)

1 comment:

Cappuccio said...

OMG! I LOVE coupons for Micheals and JoAnn's!! Especially the 50% off!! MY favs by far! But I know what you mean. I'm learning how to coupon as well. If you have any good ideas PUH-LEASE let me know, we def need to spend as little as possible with our first year of marriage :)